• Industry: Dropshipping & Ecommerce
• Location: Huddersfield, UK
• Employees: 10-50
• Company website: www.appscenic.com
AppScenic is the world's most advanced dropshipping platform, focusing on automation and connecting retailers with suppliers and their products on a worldwide level. Due to delivering a next generation dropshipping automation platform, the entire selling process between retailers and suppliers needed to be completely in sync 24/7.
With over 100.000 stores, more than 1 million products and supporting retailers globally in different languages and currencies, AppScenic required a secure, reliable and redundant private cloud.
AppScenic had already invested in a private cloud infrastructure with the help of the Haar team and now required a migration solution to move all the servers from AWS to the newly installed and configured cloud based on VMWare technology.
The biggest challenge was to migrate all the non essential infrastructure and services in advance while important and critical aspects that kept the platform online had to be migrated within 2 hours, over a single night.
Keeping the maintenance window and services down for only 2 hours or less required advance planning and testing.
During a 2 hour maintenance we’ve succeeded to migrate over 400 services from AWS to the newly built VMWare private cloud. The migration has been a success without registering any downtime since the initial planned maintenance.
All the improvements have been highly beneficial and visible the moment the maintenance was over, as all AppScenic customers could notice the speed improvements straight away.
For more details, read the full success story on building the Private Cloud Solution for them.
Haar specialists designed and delivered a complete cloud migration solution that included:
• A fully detailed plan for cloud migration made together with the AppScenic team.
• All the required tools to perform the migration between the two environments along with testing to make sure all these are performing as they should.
• A fully tested roll back plan in case of disaster along with a backup plan on all important systems before the migration and maintenance start.
• Pre-migration and testing with automated tools that ensure constant regression testing while migration is in progress.
• Maintenance, customer communication and implementation of the required tools and systems into AppScenic daily process, pre and post migration.
• A full migration of all the important services and a final sync of the two environments.
• An extensive testing (12 QA engineers) of the platform, processes and procedures after migration.
• A full cyber security penetration test of the new platform and a full cleanup once stable (within 72 hours).
Haar provides tailor made cloud and IT infrastructure services, all delivered by accredited technologies and certified experts.
Get the most from your technology with the best Cloud Infrastructure, Managed Hosting, Cyber Security and IT Consultancy solutions, and 24x7 support included.